Guitars! Roundups to Rockers exhibit … Guitars express every kind of music you can imagine — from Western swing to wailing rock, thrashing punk to bouncing jazz!
Guitars! Roundups to Rockers explores the Western roots of the guitars and guitarists who have provided the soundtrack for America. The more than 130 instruments in this exhibit — owned by guitar greats including Roy Rogers, Carlos Santana, Jimi Hendrix, Keith Richards, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Woody Guthrie, Carrie Brownstein, Hank Williams, Sr., and others — come from some of the greatest museums and private collections in the world and have never before been displayed together.
This interactive experience, which also includes The Flying V, the actual axe used to create the tunes in the game Guitar Hero, is supported by monthly programming, including films, guitar instruction, a guitar “corral” that offers guests a chance to pluck and strum, live performances, and more.
Programming highlights include:
- March 8 | VIP Reception and Exhibit Preview featuring The Endless Summer Band (Register online here)
- March 9 | Opening Day featuring a performance by Cowboy Celtic
- April 13 | Film Screening: “The Wrecking Crew“
- May 11 | Performance: Riders In The Sky
- June 1 | Performance: The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band
Event locations in the Park include: Eiteljorg Museum at White River State Park.
Check-in and visit http://eiteljorg.org for more information.