Thank You for supporting the 3rd Annual Upper White River Watershed Alliance (UWRWA) White River Festival and 2nd Annual Community Fun Day and Inaugural 5K It’s Our Water Walk/Run!
White River Festival (continues)
Thank You for supporting White River Festival’s 3rd Annual Community Fun Day at White River State Park. Check-in and click here for photos from the September 7th day of celebrating the White River.
The It’s Our Water festival (with a wildlife theme for 2013) is a month long celebration with various diverse partners offering numerous activities and experiences throughout the White River watershed.
Check-in and visit http://whiteriverfestival.org for more festival happenings the entire month of September!
White River Festival Community Fun Day
Event locations in the Park include: ISM Lawn at White River State Park and White River Trails and Walkways (September 7, 2013)
Check in at http://whiteriverfestival.org for more information.
Come join us for this FREE event to highlight and celebrate our very own White River – a source of drinking water, home to wildlife, and a beautiful recreational treasure in Central Indiana! Plan to come DO something to celebrate the river and learn about its wildlife!
- WALK or RUN in the inaugural White River Walk and Fun Run (info here)
- CREATE wildlife collages with artists from the Indianapolis Art Center
- MEET live turtles from Cool Creek Nature Center, Hamilton Co. Parks and Recreation
- DISCOVER aquatic life through microscopes with biologists from the Sierra Club
- HUG the mascot from Big Car…
- MIX it up with the 107.9 The Mix van 9-11 AM
- HAVE your PHOTO taken with the Indianapolis Art Center’s cartoon critters
- TAKE the polar bear PLUNGE at the Indianapolis Zoo’s Conservation Station
- WATCH Mark Booth’s Take Flight birds of prey shows at 11:00 and 12:00
- PEDAL yourself in and leave your bike at our staffed Pedal and Park
- WALK out to the river bank to look for critters with IDNR Division of Fish and Wildlife
- WRITE and DRAW your thoughts on White River with Big Car’s Diamond Mosaic project
- TAKE and TOUR of a watershed with Hoosier Environmental Council
The event runs 9 AM – 2 PM and will be held on the lawn in front of the Indiana State Museum at White River State Park.
Parking is available first-come first-served in the White River State Park surface lot and underground garage.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
White River Walk and Fun Run
Want to get some exercise and show your love for the river that runs through us?
Come out for the 1st White River Fun Run and Walk, a 5K that will give you terrific views of the river and nearby canal from 9 AM to roughly 10:30 AM.
The route features the White River Promenade at White River State Park (beautiful path along the back side of the Indianapolis Zoo), a portion of the White River Greenway, and some twists and turns on the downtown canal.
The walk is untimed and unscored and starts/finishes on the Indiana State Museum Lawn at White River State Park.
Join us after the Fun Run and Walk at the White River Festival’s FREE Community Fun Day Kick-Off Event, where we will have family-friendly art and science activities, music, and tours of the White River bank to look for critters!
Cost to register for the Fun Run and Walk is $ 20.00 per person (kids 6 and under free), with discounts for large families. Paid registrations include a commemorative bib and t-shirt. Prizes will be awarded for the most funds raised and largest teams!
Register here: https://secure.getmeregistered.com/WhiteRiver5K
E-mail email@example.com for more information.